Freighter travel- Phil Davis's

Freighter travel- Phil Davis's
We've rented the same cottage in Dunwich on the Suffolk coast for seven years and I'll do it forever. There's just a pub, a fish and chip shop and a shale beach and it has a very austere kind of beauty. It's a bucket-and-spade holiday with my wife Eve, my little girl Amy, nine, and my son Hugo, 15, who joins us because he lives in Suffolk with his mother, my former partner Madeleine. We have a lovely time. It depends on the weather of course, but if it's sunny we can laze about in the garden, go for walks or drive to friends. Suffolk is very trendy now but I have history there. I've been in love with it since I bought a little cottage in Orford in 1984. That bit of the coast from Orford down to Woodbridge is my favourite place in the world.
Last Easter we stayed at the Elysium Hotel in Paphos. It was absolutely wonderful; a five-star hotel with lovely rooms and amazing food. We had a dinner and breakfast deal and I wasn't expecting much, I thought we'd eat out most of the time but we didn't go anywhere else. They also had a fantastic pool and the staff were charming.At other times it was part of the Hellenistic world.